Tuesday, November 17, 2015

New Project Start: 'Ocean Unicorns' by Kustom Krafts

Happy Tuesday! How is your stitching day going? The last couple of days have been very chilly and rainy here in Arizona! Today's project, I wanted to start in January, but these gorgeous aqua colors of the ocean were calling to me, and I figured why not! It's 'Ocean Unicorns' from Kustom Krafts, artwork by Sharlene Lindskog-Osorio.



This was stitchy mail therapy for me, one of my first charts I ordered a very long time ago, back in early 2000. I started it, but became intimadated by the confetti stitching I had no idea how to stitch patterns like this. 

Until I watched this 'How to Park Technique' by Carolyn Mazzeo, it made more sense to me!
It's also a new first for me, starting in a corner, as I have always been a 'center' stitcher!

The chart has aprroximately 36,500 stitches. My goal is to stitch one square every day for a year! I'll have weekly updates with my progress.

Day 1: Started 10/15/15



No comments:

Post a Comment