Monday, November 23, 2015

Update: Ocean Unicorns Week 1, an almost finish, and New Stash

Happy Monday! Hope you had a beautiful weekend! It was a busy one around here. Saturday was a really fun day! It started Friday night when I baked 4 dozen Cherry Blossoms for Katelyn's Rummage/Bake Sale. For the holiday's it's my tradition and a way to remember my father who passed away when I was in my early twenties, that we would enjoy a box of Queen Anne's Choclate covered cherries, and this recipe didn't disappoint. It was almost as if  I was biting into one of those chocolate delights.


After the rummage sale, Lindsay and I went to go see the 'Peanuts' movie. Love Snoopy, and Charlie Brown and the Whole gang. It was wonderful to see a cartoon I grew up with continuing on for the next generation. 

In the afternoon, I spent several hours at my first Rose Convention at the Pacific Southwest Rose District, which included  Southern California, Arizona, parts of Nevada, New Mexico, and 
West Texas. I found myself surrounded by the most gorgeous blooms I have every seen.
One rose, that I found particularly beautiful, especially for this time of year, is named
'Hot Cocoa'. It is the loveliest shade of brown, that looks just like a cup of hot cocoa.



'Hot Cocoa' is a  floribunda rose, with a burnt orange. The rose I saw was more on the light brown side with smoky edges. 

I worked everyday on 'Ocean Unicorns', and here is the first week completed. I am loving the gorgeous blues and aquas so far. There was a little white, I stitched, and am wondering how I am going to like stitching white on white. Hopefully with all the blue, it won't be as bad as I imagine.


Last night I tried to finish CCNs, 'Be Joyful', but I couldn't keep my eyes open. It will be finished today! I just have two of the flowers to finish and the last half of the border flowers.


Also Saturday, I picked up CCNs, 'Gingerbread Train', for Stitch Maynia '16. When I am finished with 'Be Joyful', this will take it's place, and a couple of Weeks Dye Works the chart calls for, Pecan and Hazelnut!


Isn't this Extremely Blingy Sea Horse Needleminder gorgeous?




You can also find her Facebook page,


Wishing you all a fun stitching week!
Until Next time,






No comments:

Post a Comment