Monday, February 22, 2016

WIP CCN Gingerbread House 1 a Winner and LNS New Stash

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a lovely weekend! Ours was filled with beautiful Spring like weather, even though I know the last of winter is yet to come. My youngest daughter and I enjoyed a road trip up North to visit my family, unfortunately my mother the first night caught a cold, and I told her not to worry, as my daughter had already had a cold, and I have no plans on catching one any time soon. I was pleasantly surprised to see her lilac bush had new buds on it already, which she said may or may not freeze, since up north they haven't seen their last frost date yet. So hopefully it won't freeze. This Spring my mother is going to give me a cutting or two from this bush, which I'm curious to see how it will survive down her in the Valley of the Sun. There is one spot on the side of the house, out side of my kitchen widow that is shaded by some very tall Palo Verde trees, that are growing on a green belt beside our house, and it will get about 2-3 hours of early morning sun, and be shaded the rest of the very hot day. Other than that I stitched a little and watched Disney movies and National Geographic Wildlife documentaries with my daughter, and did a little Antique shopping later on Saturday morning.

This month has just flown by, my goal is to finish Country Cottage Needlworks Gingerbread Series #3, Gingerbread House 1 by the end of the month. Since I didn't stitch hardly the second week of February, and hardly this weekend of last, I'm pretty sure I can finish this before the weekend. I really want to work on my Chatelaine Deseret Landscape and finish the Octagon center.


I just have the one tree left, the rest of the gingerbread house, and the top border, and *ugh* the snow at the bottom. I really don't like stitching white. I don't know why, I just do!

On Friday I had a couple stash missions, of which I only got 1 of 3 accomplished. I went to my LNS to pick up some Krenik for my Brooke's Books 'Dorthy', and my 13 year is stitching her first chart from Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery, it's Pen Pal's #204 'St. Patrick's Day'. I asked her if she wanted to try stitching the Krenik, and see how she does, if not, I'll save it for something else. She stitched up the face in an hour. She's a fast learner!! My LNS didn't have the ones I needed, so I'll need to check another not so LNS in Phoenix which is a little further away. But I did pick up a couple of Rosewood Manor charts, one was 50% off, and I couldn't help picking the other up as I loved the color combination. They are 'Spanish Proverb', and 'Arise My Soul'.



 After following the progress of  Dani's 'Spring Quakers', I was looking to pick up that chart, but my LNS didn't have this one.

The third mission, was to browse through Barnes and Nobles to find a Cross Stitch Magazine that had this design. It's supposedly in the New Cross Stitch Collection Magazine, but I didn't find it. I found the magazine, just not the chart. *sigh* I'll just keep looking! This would look perfect in our bedroom!


So, instead I ordered, Shepard's Bush 'St. Patrick's Day Trifles'.

Onto the winner of my Instagram Giveaway!
is Crafty Kara



So Congratulations, and
 Thank you so much to everyone for following me!
Wishing you all a wonderful stitching week!
Until next time!
xo, Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment