Tuesday, January 26, 2016

New Years Days 10 & 11/15 and Finish #3 'Gingerbread Girl and Peppermint Tree'

Happy Tuesday! I hope you all had a relaxing stitching weekend! Friday night we got together with my husband's sister, BIL and the cousins. Just a fun night with Pizza and Wings! I'm loving this stitch maynia challenge to start or work on 15 or 31 new starts for the New year. It gives me that push to start projects I've been meaning to stitch in my stash or that I've had my eye on, that really called to me.



Finish #3, CCN 'Gingerbread Girl and Peppermint Tree'. I started her on the 1st, and I would have had her finished sooner, if I had finished 'Gingerbread Train' before January, but with Christmas and New Years, I was working to finish them both. Now I'm back on track to start #3, 'Gingerbread House 1' on February 1. I also bought to stitch for my husband's client who loves 'Fleur de Lis',  Ink Circles "Fleur de Orleans' to give her and if I have time stitch for myself too! Aren't the colors gorgeous??


Continuing on with 15 days in January for New Starts. Here is Day 8
from Country Cottage Needleworks 'Beach Cottage'.

It was ages ago that I tea stained my first fabric, and I thought I'd give it a go again.
I took 28 ct. White Monaco, and covered it in a stock pot with a pot of freshly brewed coffee.
Let the fabric soak in it for 10 minutes and pulled it out. Wrapped it in a towl to dry.
I ironed as much of the wrinkles out as I could, and I absolutely love the color!


Here is Day 9
from The Praire Schooler 'When Witches Go Riding'


I'm no where near Finishing Ink Circles 'Mistletoe Stained Glass Ornament' by the end of Januar, but I'm going to give it a go tonight and see how far I can get!

Until Next time!
Have a Happy Stitching Day!
xo, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment